Sunday, January 30, 2011

Spice

Spice is a Thai restaurant chain in NYC. I have been to the East Village location several times. Their food is pretty good, filling, and cheap. As far as vegetarian options go, the last time I went, the waitress was not very helpful. I asked if I could order the Pad Thai vegetarian. She said yes. I said "so no fish sauce" and she said there is fish sauce in it. I don't know what she was thinking calling fish sauce vegetarian. After that experience I am going to take a long break from visiting Spice. Here's what we had on my last visit:

Pad See Ew with Tofu

Broad noodles, Broccoli, Egg, Tofu, $8

Pad See Ew is one of my favorite dishes. Spice's version is pretty good but not the best.

Rama Dish with Tofu

Assorted vegetables, tofu, peanut sauce, $10

I tried a little bit of this and did not like it at all. My friend didn't like it either.

Spice
http://www.spicethainyc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment