Sunday, April 25, 2010

16 Handles Frozen Yogurt

One of my favorite places in NYC is 16 Handles, a self serve frozen yogurt shop. I love how you can take as much yogurt as you'd like. You can put whatever toppings you want on your frozen yogurt, but I prefer mine without toppings. 16 Handles doesn't have the kind of toppings I like such as peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, etc. My favorite thing about this place is the frozen yogurt is extremely tasty and guilt free.

Here's what I got the past two times I went there and had my camera with me...

Last week I went there after dinner. I was disappointed that they didn't have a few of my favorite flavors like coffee and strawberry. I got peanut butter, cookies and cream, and banana.

Peanut Butter: This flavor was SO tasty! It had a very strong peanut butter flavor and tasted just like a rich peanut butter soft serve.

Cookies and Cream: This was another good flavor although it didn't taste like cookies and cream. It tasted more like light chocolate but I liked it.

Banana: Yuck! This one was awful, I couldn't even finish it. It tasted like icy, artificial banana flavor.

I went back late Friday night after going to a concert and was very happy to see two of my favorite flavors back. I got coffee, pistachio, and strawberry.

Coffee: My favorite! I absolutely love coffee flavored ice cream and frozen yogurt and this is one of the best I have tasted. It is so creamy and rich in flavor. I can't get enough of it.

Strawberry: I normally love the strawberry flavor here, but this time it tasted icy and hard and not as good as usual.

Pistachio: It's creamy and pretty tasty.

Another flavor I love is white chocolate macadamia. I wish they had it more often.

There is only one problem I have with this place, it is inconsistent. Sometimes the flavors are nice and creamy and other times they are icy, and it melts pretty fast. Otherwise I love this place and wish it were closer to my apartment.

16 Handles
153 2nd Ave between East 9th and East 10th
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment