Sunday, April 11, 2010

Cosmic Cantina


Last Saturday night I met up with two of my friends for dinner at Cosmic Cantina, a cute vegetarian Mexican restaurant near Union Square. When we walked in, it was a little confusing as we didn't know if we should wait to be seated or if we should seat ourselves. After a few moments, we just decided to seat ourselves and look at the menu.

Cosmic Cantina's menu was pretty cool. They had some burritos listed, but they also had the option of creating your own. The custom burrito page on the menu was extremely long with so many different options to put inside your burrito. They had regular flour tortillas, whole wheat tortillas, spelt torillas, etc. There were so many different vegetables and salsas you could add, as well as different beans and rices. Each item had a price listed next to it so you could calculate how much your burrito will cost. With the menu being so long, it probably took us half an hour to decide what to order.

I finally settled on a custom burrito with pinto beans, Spanish rice, roasted vegetables, cosmic tofu, and tomato-lime salsa.



The burrito was very tasty and the flavors all blended very well together. I love when I can order pinto beans in a burrito, it tastes so much better. My only problem with my food was it was not as filling as I expected. I was hungry about 5 hours later and when I consume so many calories I'd like it to keep me full for the rest of the night.

I didn't take pictures of my friends orders, but one of them ordered a burrito with eggplant and avocade and one ordered a breakfast dish. I really liked this restaurant. It was great for a picky eater like me to be able to decide what to put inside my burrito. Cosmic Cantina also has plenty of outdoor seating which is great for a warm night. Also good to know, they're open until 5am so it's a good vegan option late at night. My friends and I agreed that we would definitely return!

No comments:

Post a Comment