Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lan Cafe

I recently tried Vietnamese food for the first time. Unfortunately, my first experience with Vietnamese food was not very pleasant or memorable. I went to Lan Cafe for dinner and the restaurant was pretty empty. We were seated right away. I couldn't decide between a few dishes but finally chose the curry string bean dish.

Curry String Bean

Curry string bean sauteed with tofu and mushroom in curry sauce with a side of rice

I was expecting to like this dish because I love curry, but I didn't like it at all! The tofu had a bad texture and was too soft for my taste. The string beans were good and I was able to finish them. I was not able to finish the tofu and struggled to eat the pieces I ate.

My friend ordered Pad Thai

Pad Thai sauteed with chinese broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, tofu, and bean sprouts

I tried a little and this dish was a lot better than mine. I wish I had ordered this instead.

I had high expectations for them considering I had read a lot of positive reviews. I didn't enjoy my experience at Lan Cafe and will not be back.

Lan Cafe
342 East 6th Street between 1st Ave & 2nd Ave
New York, NY

No comments:

Post a Comment